BOTOK TERI MLANDINGAN (ANCHOVY IN BANANA LEAVES)
• 500 gram coconut, grated
• 150 gram mlandingan (horse tamarind)
• 150 gram Medan anchovies
• 100 gram melinjo leaves (gnetum gnemon), cut
• 3 large red chillies, sliced
• 2 large green chillies, sliced
• 7 shallots, sliced
• 3 cloves garlic, sliced’
• salt to taste
• 1 teaspoon palm sugar, grated banana leaves, to wrap toothpicks
1. Blend well grated coconut, mlandingan
(horse tamarind), anchovies, melinjo leaves
(gnetum gnemon), red chillies, green chillies,
shallots, garlic, salt, and palm sugar.
2. Take 2 tablespoons anchovy’s mixture. Place
it in the center of clean banana leaf and pleat
inside. Repeat on other side. Fold one end
of pleat to the front and the other to the back.
Repeat on other side to firmly enclose contents.
Secure with a toothpick. Steam for 30
minutes until done.
Makes : 15 servings